Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Talladega Is over and Summer is here.

Talladega was this past weekend and NASCAR F'd up. They listened to the fans. The tried to recreate pack racing and failed miserably. I'm no scientist but they trying to force cars to run in packs by overheating them if they bump draft doesn't make a ton of sense to me. I get the idea but i feel like they didn't test this for 500 miles. The number of engine problems was high and thats without the sun being out all day.

My biggest grievance was that I like the 2 car drafts. Sure there are a lot of lead changes and some one can come from 25th with three to go and win it, but thats exciting. Listen to tony stewart, destroying cars in pack racing in wreaks that are not that entertaining anyway. I love a good crash just like anyone else but because they are a result of guys racing hard, NASCAR trying to manufacture pack racing and a few crashes.

A recent thing that gets under my skin is Start and parks. I get it that some teams in the lower series cant afford to run. But in Sprint if you cant find 43 cars that want to run a whole race than don't run 43. I'd be okay with 35. So maybe Labonte and Awesome Bill from Dawsonville don't get to run. I'm okay with that. I know the former Champs were once great, for us younger fans that only remember them driving for underfunded teams and never finishing in the top ten of a race its almost a disgrace. I know they want to run and wouldnt see it that way but thats my take. Im not saying every driver needs to be full time i think the 55 has been one of the most entertaining cars but thats because they can field competitive racecars.

News from Nationwide Danica doesn't even get a talking to after spinning out Hornish Jr on the cooldown. She should. First of all how often do we see drivers start taking off safety equipment after the checkered drops. Maybe that needs to stop but spinning someone out and into a wall when the race is over is unacceptable. You want the drivers to have at it thats fine. Don't punish her when she dumps him in turn three next week. But NASCAR atleast call her down if nothing else it gives people something to talk about this week because afterall despite her being a talented young driver you treat her like she's just a publicity stunt.

Its Darlington this weekend and Lord knows I love short tracks so lets hope for a good week. And Stenhouse Jr. can build on his lead

No comments:

Post a Comment