Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Standings!

So today I looked at the Sprint Cup Standings and decided I needed to rant. Greg Biffle continues to show that he is the contender we all thought he was a few years ago. It makes that 16th place finish last year look like a fluke. Truex Jr. is running super well for a strong MWR team and curse I say his name Dale Jr. is running well despite being win less for almost 4 full years. I recently posted this to my facebook "Things that have happened since Dale Jr. won a race on June 15, 2008... I turned 17, Michael Phelps won 8 gold at the 08 Olympics, Obama was elected president, Sarah Palin emerged into the national spotlight, Rod Blagojevich was indicted, I graduated high school, Michael Jackson, Billy Mays, Ted Kennedy and others passed away, Gulf oil spill, 26 drivers have won a sprint cup race, and Jimmie Johnson has won 21 races and 3 championships."


But despite Dale Jr. looking more like Buckshot Jones than his late great Father, his record doesn't show the whole tale. He had a few close misses ran out of gas with a few hundred feet to go, but has been racing hard. This argument has been mounted before but i'll bring it back up, the Car of the Future isn't his style. He has failed to adjust as other drivers have. But I don't think its a lack of dedication.


The other driver worth commenting on is my Boy Mark Martin! Despite missing a race he holds on to 17th a win or two with a few top fives in the next month could give me hop that Waltrip puts him in the car for all races and lets him make the chase and bring home a cup! But back from my daydreaming to reality its just good to see the ol' man still got it and can show guys younger than his own son. I find his and MW ads funny beside the fact that they seem so stiff in lines and acting the height difference is extreme!


Jeff Gordon is 25th and Kurt is 23rd. It will be interesting if Gordon can rebound quick teammate Jimmie Johnson was able to recover from a DNF at Daytona and an appeal of sanctions from NASCAR to slip into the top 10

No comments:

Post a Comment